Anthropologist Dr. Felicitas D. Goodman, researched and explored ritual body postures as a means to achieve a bodily induced shifting of consciousness – a “ecstatic alternate reality” experience. She discovered each body posture can lead into this alternate reality, an expanded field of consciousness, when performed in conjunction with the proper rhythmic percussive sound, such as a rattle or drum. This shamanic wisdom tradition has its foundation in the earliest roots of humanity. The outcome of this is a systematic process we call “The Cuyamungue Method” You can have this direct experience… We invite you to learn more about us!
ABOUT THIS WORK RECENT FEATURED ARTICLES
- Neurotheology: Connection Between Neuroscience & Spirituality.
- Exploring Characteristics of Healing Trance
- Land Expansion – Conservation of Our Surroundings
- Hypnosis in Ancient Civilizations
- Altered States of Consciousness in Native American Healing
- Woman Shamanism – the Suppressed History
- Finns and the Saami— Rich Shamanic traditions.
- Sacred Hoop Magazine - Article on the Cuyamungue Institute
- Free Newsletter
Ritual body postures found in prehistoric cave paintings and indigenous effigies have their origins with the hunter-gatherer tribes. The oldest posture discovered to date is believed to be approximately 32,000 years old. It was in the horticulturalist societies that followed, however, that the practice of these postures flourished.
Our body is a “universal tool” for insight into the manifold realities we live in and for a direct experience into the living “information network” of consciousness.
It Works – The reports of hundreds of research subjects and thousands of workshop participants have confirmed that ordinary people can have quite extraordinary experiences. The Cuyamungue Method of ritual body posture is a very safe technique, which also stimulates ones own healing abilities.
To enter repeatedly and purposefully into a state of trance and to tune in to a different field of consciousness produces changes due not only to biochemical processes within the body. The experience of these feelings does have an effect on the unfolding of one’s own being without being connected to conditions, demands, and dependency. In the state of trance, which is a higher awareness of the inner world, one is able to connect oneself with a different information field of consciousness that constantly creates itself and always leads to new insights and points of view. Practitioners and students have had some or all of the following benefits:
- A general feeling of healing – increased wellness.
- Reduce stress and tension.
- Increased happiness.
- Inspire ecstatic feelings of oneness with other people, nature, the universe.
- Enhanced brain function – clearer thinking ability.
- Awaken creativity.
- Aid in memory and concentration.
- Have positive immune system responses - a feeling of strength.
- Enhance communication – better understanding and relationship with people in your life.
- Support peace of mind, feelings of comfort, and release of anxiety.
- feelings of expansion – greater intuitive insights into ones life.
How can I get I involved & learn The Cuyamungue Method? First sign up for our Free Newsletter and visit our Event schedule page to find a workshop that you feel is the best fit for you. And, visit this website often as we add more events and information on a regular basis.
2016 Workshops and Events
Here is the preview of workshops and events in development for 2015 at the Cuyamungue Institute, so you can get the jump-start on making your plans to join us next season. There may be adjustments to dates, times and details, and additional events and workshops will be added. Much more detail to follow in the near future. Invest in yourself!
April 30th / May 1st, 2016 – Maypole Celebration
May 26 – 29, 2016 – Board of Directors Meeting
June 17th – 21st , 2016 – Initiatory Training
July 20th – 24th , 2016 – Initiatory Training
August 3 – 7, 2016 – Initiatory Training – Advanced Course
August 16 – 21, 2016 – Instructor Training – Contact us
August 23 – 28, 2016 -Men’s Conclave
September 21st – 25th , 2016 Masked Trance Dance – Contact us